ADVICE FOR NEW BELIEVERS
1. Be baptized by immersion.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
2. Join a Bible-believing, teaching, preaching Church. If you live in the Belle Fourche area, I invite you to come to worship and study the Bible with us.
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
3. Pray – talk to God. 1Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
A – Adoration – A good place to start is to read the Psalms. Acknowledge God’s greatness.
C – Confession of sin.
T – Thanksgiving: we have so much to be thankful for – especially for salvation.
S – Supplication – what are the needs of others and yourself?
4. Study and memorize God’s Word. Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.
5. Fellowship with other believers. Join a “Bible-believing” church that teaches the whole Word of God. Contact me if you want some guidance on finding a church.
6. Tell others about your decision, and how they can know Jesus also.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at 605-644-6457
If you are interested in joining EBC’s membership.
(1) By “profession of faith” in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, having been baptized by immersion and upon completion of New Members Orientation Class.
(2) By the promise of a “letter” of recommendation from another church of like faith and order that they have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, having been baptized by immersion, and upon completion of New Members Orientation Class.
(3) By “personal statement” that they have received Jesus as Lord and Savior, have been baptized in a church of like faith and order and upon completion of New Members Orientation Class.
After meeting the requirements candidates will be voted on by the general membership at a regular business meeting.
Questions, please contact me. Pastor Andy.